PortSIP PBX for Unified Communications
Kristof Sztaho

No voice during calls. (Extremely low volume level)

Dear PortSIP team!

I'd like to ask your help with the following problem:

In our currently developed xamarin mobile application we can't hear any voice neither in at the caller nor the called endpoint. We tried it on android platform (with version 9 and 10). After checking the freeswitch logs and the network traffic we found that the call session is initialized correctly and the voice is transferred too. Only we have to amplify the voice volume to a multiplied level (e.g. 100x) to hear anything.

In the caller clients we haven't set anything from default regarding to audio settings. The voice of the freeswitch server menu (i.e. dialing tone, message recorder) is audible well.  Please help me with a solution in this matter!

Thank you!

On 5/8/2020 at 5:58 PM, Kristof Sztaho said:

Dear PortSIP team!

I'd like to ask your help with the following problem:

In our currently developed xamarin mobile application we can't hear any voice neither in at the caller nor the called endpoint. We tried it on android platform (with version 9 and 10). After checking the freeswitch logs and the network traffic we found that the call session is initialized correctly and the voice is transferred too. Only we have to amplify the voice volume to a multiplied level (e.g. 100x) to hear anything.

In the caller clients we haven't set anything from default regarding to audio settings. The voice of the freeswitch server menu (i.e. dialing tone, message recorder) is audible well.  Please help me with a solution in this matter!

Thank you!

Hi Kristof,

Could you please try with our PBX? Since we don't know the freeswitch more.

BR

Dear PortSIP Team,

Thank you for your answer. We've installed PortSIP PBX for this investigation purpose. We've experienced the same issue. The call had a configured sound channel the voice was hearable only at one end. Additionally, the recording wav file contains no understandable voice. Unfortunately we don't have any server-side log from PBX. However we set loglevel to debug, the whole log section is empty. Currently we're investigating. Could you please help me with enabling server-side logging in PBX?

I attached the voice recording file of our last call. (It's a .wav file, only I renamed it to mp4 to pass the upload filter).

We're managed to find to source of the problem. In one of our apps on android the voice recording permission was not granted. Everything works fine now.

3 hours ago, Kristof Sztaho said:

We're managed to find to source of the problem. In one of our apps on android the voice recording permission was not granted. Everything works fine now.

OK, good to know that:)

Cheers!