PortSIP PBX for Unified Communications
Sign in to follow this  
hormiga2020

Best practice for using PortSIP on a Server with public IP only

Hello,

Thank you for the new version of PortSIP. It is a big step ahead.
I want use PortSIP with an public IP only. So I need register the ip-phones via public network and the outgoing traffic via SIP-trunk at the same public ip-address.
a. can I use the internal SBC as service-based firewall for security issues with individual ruleset?
b. in which way I can configure the RTP-traffic of the connected phones and the SIP-trunks?

The documentation shows in chapter 16. LAN-based configurations only. No WAN-WAN-config for public phones and SIP-trunks was shown.
Is a howto for such architecture available?

Regards
hormiga2020

13 hours ago, hormiga2020 said:

Hello,

Thank you for the new version of PortSIP. It is a big step ahead.
I want use PortSIP with an public IP only. So I need register the ip-phones via public network and the outgoing traffic via SIP-trunk at the same public ip-address.
a. can I use the internal SBC as service-based firewall for security issues with individual ruleset?
b. in which way I can configure the RTP-traffic of the connected phones and the SIP-trunks?

The documentation shows in chapter 16. LAN-based configurations only. No WAN-WAN-config for public phones and SIP-trunks was shown.
Is a howto for such architecture available?

Regards
hormiga2020

Thank you Hormiga2020.

If your server only has the public IP but no private IP,  you can simply install the PBX on a public network, then enter the public IP in the PBX setup wizard step1 for both Private IPv4 and Public IPv4, then it will works.

BR